Search This Blog

Saturday 13 May 2023

The Wrong Side of Murder by Jeff Buick

 

I've read three books by this author, the last one about two and a half years ago. I thoroughly enjoyed them all, but it only needed one to put him in my favourite-author list. He's a very talented writer, who packs a punch with some deliciously meaty crime thrillers. So it was very exciting to dive into the second of the Detective Curtis Westcott series.

Gosh, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed Buick's penmanship. I was immersed from page one and firmly hooked right to the last page. Research and attention to detail is second to none, and I love that the main (very likeable) character, Westcott, is generous enough to give centre stage to a member of his homicide team, Aislinn, as she investigates an unsolved twenty-year-old cold case. (Full book blurb here)

Complex, but utterly compelling, with characters you can truly invest in, there's a nail-biting (and wonderfully unpredictable) finish.

I'd forgotten that getting to The End with Buick's books fill you with a bit of dread…in an 'oh no, how am I going to follow that' sort of way. But, this time, I was enormously relieved by the fact that I was able to dive straight into the third in the series.

Excellent, just excellent.


See also:




No comments:

Post a Comment