Search This Blog

Friday 16 September 2022

The Twist of a Knife by Anthony Horowitz

 

My introduction to Horowitz was 'The Moonflower Murders', and that was all it took for me to be determined to read more…many more…books by this author.

Fourth in the Hawthorne and Horowitz mysteries, this is my second Horowitz read, and I'm just as impressed and determined.

In this, the author is many things: narrator, a character, sleuth and a suspect implicated in the murder of a vicious and toxic critic, who was less than complimentary about his new play. Too many pieces of evidence point in his direction. Did he really murder Harriet Throsby because she didn't like his play?

Brilliantly articulate, strategised and utterly compelling. One of those books you just can't wait to pick up and lose yourself in.

My TBR pile is going to be peppered with many more of this author's books.



See also:

No comments:

Post a Comment