Search This Blog

Sunday 15 February 2015

Thomas and the Tiger-Turtle by Jonathan Gould

AMAZON UK
AMAZON US

One of the first things that goes through my mind when I start a book is, I wonder how much I’m going to enjoy it or I hope I'm going to enjoy it.


That never happens with Jonathan Gould’s books. I don’t have to wonder or hope, because I know there will be no doubt that I will.

This book differs from those I’ve read by this author in that it’s an illustrated story. It’s an absolutely delightful tale about a turtle who is convinced he’s a tiger. It falls upon the very patient Thomas, who finds him in his back yard, to prove to the very insistent turtle he just isn’t. It’s a bit of a rocky road to the truth for the turtle, but clever young Thomas ensures a happy outcome for his new friend.

As always, Jonathan injects humour, charm, magic and oodles of appeal into a story.

Because of the colourful and engaging illustrations, this is probably better suited to a tablet or computer rather than a black-and-white ereader. I wasn't sure whether or not my two-and-a-half-year-old grandson is probably just a tad too young for the story. However, at the end, he said, quite simply, ‘More’. (Which were my sentiments exactly.) Proof, if it were needed, that it's a story that will appeal to children (and adults!) of all ages.


See also:

No comments:

Post a Comment