Search This Blog

Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Forever Home by Graham Norton

 

I was aware Graham Norton had a few novels under his belt, and I had made a mental note to read some of his work. With such a long TBR list and so many ‘must reads’, I confess poor old GN got rather forgotten about. Until…I saw that a serialisation of one of his books (this one) was going to be on BBC One and, wanting to watch it, decided I’d quickly read the book first.

Well now, Graham. You’re really rather good at this writing thing!

I thoroughly enjoyed this (See About the Book Below). It follows a tried-and-tested formula—family secrets and lies (this one set in Ireland…of course!) that surface and cause mayhem—so there’s nothing particularly new there, but it’s very well written, with well-drawn, robust characters and just the right sprinkling of Graham’s charming, gentle wit.

I don’t need any encouragement to read his other books; that’s now a given. But any author who takes the time to acknowledge and thank his readers, and make them feel special has earned a very special place on my list.




No comments:

Post a Comment