I’m on a Coben merry-go-round at the moment, having only recently picked up his books. My fourth so far and I’m not getting off yet. He’s become one of my go-tos for that ‘getting lost in a good book’ session.
Having read the first Wilde book (The Boy from the Woods) , of course I was going to pick up #2*. The very enigmatic Wilde finally takes the plunge, in his third decade, to see if he can find out something about his origins and family, of which he knows absolutely nothing. (See About the Book below.) Sounds straightforward enough, but this is Coben. He hasn’t heard of a straight line. Twists, turns, off-roads, in-roads and wiggles and wriggles that steer you into a plot that keeps you guessing, with a pace that stays at a gallop till the end.
Another excellent and utterly absorbing book. I’m already lining up my next Coben!
*Provided by NetGalley
See Also:
I Will Find YouRun Away
The Boy From The Woods


No comments:
Post a Comment