Search This Blog

Saturday 15 April 2023

Nothing Ventured by Jeffrey Archer

It's a good couple of decades since I've read a book by Jeffrey Archer. The only reason is that so very many (hundreds!) other books have ended up on my TBR, they pushed those by my favoured authors out of my mind. So I thought I'd revisit one of my erstwhile favourites with this, the first in the Detective William Warwick books.

Archer hasn't lost his knack, that's for sure. It's really well written, easy to read, totally absorbing, moves along at a cracking pace and great fun. I love that the series starts right at the beginning of Warwick's police journey. In this, we see him embark on his detective career with the arts and antiquities squad, investigating the theft of a priceless Rembrandt. His success no doubt will determine his future. The art interest also gifts him with his love interest, all expertly interwoven to provide an enjoyable and entertaining read. I did, in fact, guess the little twist at the end, but it still raised a smile of satisfaction.

Note to self: don't wait another twenty years to read the William Warwick #2.




No comments:

Post a Comment