Search This Blog

Sunday 17 March 2019

The Gift of the Quoxxel by Richard Titus

Weird. Totally weird. Bonkers…about as nutty as a fruitcake and mad as a box of frogs. Quirky, odd, mystifying. But...utterly unique and very enjoyable.

I'm not so sure I made total sense of this tale, and after a few pages, I did wonder what I'd let myself in for. But then you get totally sucked in by the king of Nibb and, of course, Yill.

I really have no idea what it's about. Actually, not quite true: it's about the land of Nibb, the pirates on the Blaggard, and the Quoxxel, of course. It's whimsical, magical, with some very dry wit. It's brimming with imagination and fantasy and at the same time written with intelligence, articulately and with humour.

I may have started the book with some misgivings, but by the end, I was totally topsy-turvied in a very pleasant way.

I'm off to my baker now to tell him that doughnuts, cupcakes and custard slices are so very last year and that he should start to make some gwinberry quffs and blanderberry bitquicks.

Told you. Totally bonkers.




No comments:

Post a Comment