Search This Blog

Thursday 6 December 2012

How Santa became Santa Claus by Jennifer Longe

BUY UK
BUY US
I didn’t like this, I’m afraid. It was a very, very short story, about someone called Nicholas who became St Nicholas and I suppose, as the title suggests, Santa Claus. 

As far as I'm concerned, Santa Claus is a fat jolly chap from the North Pole with rosy cheeks, a nice white beard, and a pretty dynamic team of bionic reindeers who get him all around the world on a very special night. St Nicholas is St Nicholas with his own history, and I don’t think he would have known what to do with Dancer and Prancer any more than Santa would have known what to do with an angel.

There was an unnecessary anecdote at the end of the book (if you can call it that, it’s only 74 Locations (a handful of pages)), in which I was told I can be sure ‘There is a God’. Not necessarily my point of view, and I was also informed that Christmas presents don’t always come wrapped in ‘shinning’ paper. That wasn’t the worst of the errors. 

This isn’t a £1.93 ebook. However, it could sit in a book of Christmas short stories happily enough, but it needs a revamp and a very thorough edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment