Search This Blog

Thursday 8 August 2013

Stone's Ghost by Melissa Bowersock

AMAZON UK
AMAZON US

This was just the sort of paranormal/fantasy book I really enjoy. You don’t have to suspend disbelief too far.



Matt’s a pretty normal, well-adjusted guy, with a successful business, and he has a pretty normal relationship with a normal, nice girl. All very contemporary, very twenty-first century…ordinary, even.

His encounter one evening with Janie, the victim of sad and tragic circumstances in the early 1900s, is life-changing. It’s not often you meet the ghost of a nineteen-year-old, who is wise and disarmingly insightful. Events in his own life take an unexpected turn, and somehow, meeting this extraordinary young woman…ghost…helps him make sense of his own resentments of his childhood and the path he needs to take before losing the very thing he values most.

Melissa has a wonderfully easy-to-read, free-flow style. You suddenly realise you’ve devoured half the book in a very short time, though, of course, a compelling story has a good deal to do with it! But what I really liked was that aura of mystique around Janie. Was she a ghost…or was she Matt’s conscience, telling him things he didn't want to hear, but knew he should heed?

A very enjoyable, untaxing novel where normal and paranormal amble side by side in perfect harmony.

3 comments:

  1. Cathy, thanks so much! So glad you enjoyed it. I have to say, I think this has become my new favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading this and hope I get to finish it while I am away on holiday. So far I love the easy style and I am getting hooked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne, glad to hear it! Hope you can float away on it.

    ReplyDelete